Hello - Moving To Melbourne

punkrokka

Hello Everyone, I posted on here previously but plans were a bit uncertain at the time. Now we have a bit more to get on with.

Mrs PR has a midwifery job in Epping starting early February, visas have all been put in motion this week and our house goes on the market this month.

Plans are now for our family of five to leave the UK very soon after Christmas and try to get a bit settled before February. We'll be looking to rent in the Epping area and need to sort that out soon plus schools & a job for me.

Suddenly it feels like there's a stack of things to sort out and very little time left....I think we'll have a few questions to scatter around the forums over the next couple of months.

Hi Pr.

Good luck with the visa , house sale & everything else.

When planning dates, a couple of things you need to bear in mind if you plan to come late December or early Jan.

Its school holidays here, which start just before Xmas, and run through to the end of Jan/start Feb so short term rental prices are high, and also you need to be on the ball booking something as you might end up getting whats left which might be either overpriced or a dump.

The plus side is that it gives the kids (and yourselves of course) time to settle in before they have to go to school, and generally weather is very good in the summer hols period.

have a look at the victorian section here on the site & also at the life in victoria forum as well for lots of different info.

for rentals (short term) Kate from moving to Melbourne is a mine of info and has lots of rentals available all over Melbourne

Also www.stayz.com.au is excellent, although because these are aimed at the holiday rental market, they tend to be very pricey at that time of year.

Archived